Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Saturday 20 April 2013

Getting it right

Friday, April 20th., Yacht Club, London.

Yesterday I began to think that the tone of the end of my novel wouldn't do.
So, I spent the day, exhausted, partly in dozing and reading, and one and a half hours at barbers, and generally thinking over climax, which I ultimately got right.
I dined with Wells at Reform. He had worked all day, and arrived only at 8.40. We had champagne.
We tossed for the bill - he lost. This is the second time lately he has lost to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment