Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Monday 25 February 2013

Extreme cold

Thursday, February 25th., Vevey.

Fifteen degrees C. of cold this morning at 7 a.m., 13 degrees at 8.15. I went out yesterday afternoon. Strong north-east wind and very hard frost. I had my face wrapped up but after a mile I could not stand it any longer, and had to come home. It was a terrifying and very painful cold: the keenest I have been in.
Finished this morning last chapter but one of "Denry" or "The Card". So busy with this, and advance articles for New Age, that no time or disposition for a journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment