Welcome to our blog!


It's better than a bat in the eye with a burnt stick!


This blog makes liberal use of AB's journals, letters, travel notes, and other sources.


And make sure to visit The Arnold Bennett Society for expert information and comment on all aspects of the life and work of AB.

Sunday 24 February 2013

Exciting times

Wednesday, February 24th., Paris.

I walked about Paris most of yesterday, and bought a few reproductions and engravings of pictures. Towards evening I had collected my ideas. I began to write at 9.15 p.m., and finished a short chapter before 12.30.
Just now, as negotiations about two of my plays are pending, I am in a great state of secret excitement and have postponed going to see friends and asking them to see me and generally organising a social campaign, until something has been decided one way or another. I had a letter from Louis Calvert this morning as to "The Wayward duchess".

No comments:

Post a Comment